Thursday 11 August 2016

August 10th Albergue la Cabana de la Abuela Peuto

  It was cool from the sea breeze as I got ready to leave the campsite.
After a level street walk through Playa Berria it was a steep, sandy uphill walk and descent to Playa de Noja for a long beach walk.
From the town the route went inland. After a few miles I met up with Franchesca a dynamic German woman, who I walked and talked with all the way to the wonderful albergue near Guemes.
We arrived in time for lunch and a wonderful welcome.
This is a huge extended albergue with lots of space. I pitched my tent under a spreading tree at the rear of the property.
Supposibly the best albergue on this camino, I met up with loads of people I'd chatted to before, including Brian, who I had met in Irun.
At dinner there were 130 plus people fed with a great 3 course meal, and lots of red wine. What an atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment