Sunday 7 August 2016

August 6th Mundaka

I left the albergue as day was arriving and was soon walking alongside a river.
I wish I had hung out the previous evening and camped.
At the village of Iruzubieta the route ascended up through woodland only to descend back to the river. I shall check my mapping to save these diversions from now on.
After Bolibar there was a very steep uphill section to the impressive monastery of Zenarruza.
From here it was lovely woodland and then a few more old farmhouses and pasture that led to Munitibar.
A bar provided tortilla and coffee an a good break.
Then it was mostly valley walking  through lovely countryside.
At a junction I met 2 English guys who were on their 3rd day. They were aching and one had bad blisters.
Whilst talking with them I checked the map and my gps track went a different way to the signed route.
It was a road walk to Guernika.
I didn't fancy hanging out there, do a 15 minute bus ride got me to a campsite at Mundaka

No comments:

Post a Comment