Thursday 4 August 2016

August 3rd Zumaia

  I left the campsite with Brian, but as our walking styles are different, I let him go on. He likes to knock out the km.s/miles and finish early afternoon. I like regular breaks and just ambling along.
My first break was at Orio, a village built around a port. Most are at river mouths.
Next stop was Zarautz, a modern town and resort. Lots of people on the long beach, and hundreds of surfers in the water.
Then it was a long plod along the cliff road to Getaria. In hindsight I should of caught the bus from Zarautz.
From Getaria it was a hilly inland walk to Zumaia.
The campsite was reached by walking through.an industrial estate by the river. As it was only 1km. out of my way I went and checked it out.
It was fine, full again, yet they will always find room for camino walkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment