Friday 5 August 2016

August 4th Mitrika

It was a very steep climb out of Zumaia, as usual. Then it was undulating grassland to the first village Elorriaga.
I stopped at a bar for a coffee at Itziar. Then on to Deba on concrete tracks, before a very steep descent to Deba.
The final part of arriving in the town was by two lifts/elevators.
The day was warm and very humid and although I had walked less than ten miles I had walked enough for the day.
I checked into the tourist office and found the nearest campsite was near Mutrika, 4km along tbhe coast.
Lunch was a picnic in the park, then I caught a bus to near the campsite.
Once settled in I sussed out I was only 500m. from the camino.
Lovely views and a few conversations with various Germans, with the sound of the surf in the background, made me pleased to come here.

No comments:

Post a Comment