Wednesday 10 August 2016

August 9th Santona

(Oops I missed out the 7th)
Not a good start to the day, as my phone battery bank and charger had been taken from where I left it charging.
Anyway, not long after I left the campsite it started raining lightly.
It was mostly flat road walking for 8 or 9km to La Magdalena. From here the tarmac ended and it was steeply uphill along tracks through Eucalyptus forest.
After coming out of the forest into lovely hill country, I got chatting with 2 Japanese sisters, who had stopped to feast on blackberries.
I walked with them for the rest of the morning until the village of Liendo.
I stopped at a bar for coffee and tortilla, and they had a picnic by the church.
I left them and road walked a more direct route into the large resort town of Laredo.
I found a chinese bazaar and bought a replacement phone charger.
Next it was along walk on the beachfront, where it started to rain again, to where I caught a ferry across the rivermouth to Santona.
  I walked on to a campsite which was next to a large prison. It was a windy spot behind another beach.
There are surf schools all along this coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment