Monday 8 August 2016

August 8th Pobena

  The route description from Geurnika to Bilbao was inspiring enough to decide me to catch the bus into Bilbao from Mundaka.
  Once in Bilbao I sussed out which bus to take to get out of the city.
I just had to see the Guggenheim Museum building, being in Bilbao. It was a walk down to the river and alongside it to reach the Guggenheim.
It was so worth it, I have never seen such a wonderful building.
Bilbao is impressive for a city. The bus ride away from it made glad I was not walking through the miles of suburbia.
I got off the bus, walked through sand dunes, across the beach at Zierbena and crossed a bridge to Pobena.
There was no campsite, but I camped behind the albergue.
There were 20 beds in the albergue and over 60 pilgrims wanting to stay.
I was so pleased to be able to camp.
The overflow pilgrims had to sleep in the church cloisters, which was a lot healthier than in an albergue.

No comments:

Post a Comment