Thursday 18 August 2016

August 17th Colunga

I left the campsite with Brian, but told him to go on ahead, I wanted to walk alone.
It was a long gradual ascent on roads, before dropping down to a village with a bar. A few hikers were waiting for it to open at 9am. I joined them for a break, but left just after 9.
They caught up with me and passed by, having given up on getting a coffee.
From there it turned off the road and descended to a beach, then it was plenty of cliff top walking and sandy bays to La Isla.
Whilst having a break, Yoko came by, I had not seen her for alab few days. Brian came along too. He and Yoko carried on together whilst I stopped far coffee.
The amount of people on this walk exceeds the beds available in August.
In Colunga I met up with Yoko and Brian. They decided to walk the 1.5km to a campsite I had decided to go to.
I went to a Chinese bazaar and got a tarp, cord and pegs, so Yoko could have some shelter for the night.
It drizzled for a while, but nothing much.

No comments:

Post a Comment