Saturday 13 August 2016

August 12th Santillana del Mar

The camino officially went all over the place today.
The woman running the albergue told us in English, French and Spanish a more direct way to go.
With the aid of my Viewranger app. I sussed it out.
I started the days walk with Brian and a French couple. Brian wanted to follow the French couple, when we ended.up in a field, I stuck to my own navigation.
Soon I saw Franchesca and the French miss a turn, Brian and I walked illegally on a railway bridge over a river, thus saving 9 or 10km.
I stopped for coffee and tortilla at a bar, Brian carried on.
After checking my guide and map, on leaving the bar I met up with Yoko, and we walked on to Requejada together and stopped at another bar, where a few other peregrino's turned up.
After a couple of miles, I stopped for a break and let Yoko carry on.
Eventually I got into Santillana del Mar.
Yoko and a few others were there, waiting to walk on as the albergues were 'completo', full.
Brian had been looking for me, I headed onto the campsite, got a pitch with cool guy, Sebastian, French, had a shower and found Brian, who moved to our pitch, where a boozy evening evolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment